It's the first full week back for schools in Buckinghamshire and prior to this some of us have been thinking about the other part of the targets for personal learning spaces / ePortfolios / whatever you want to call them.
So here are some questions which (given time) I'll hope to be exploring over the next few posts...
- how much storage space should each user (staff and pupils) be offered?
- how should it be accessible and who by?
- how do we avoid just making more 'dumb' storage space?
- where's the learning in an ePortfolio-like system?
- are we simply destined to make an inferior, emasculated combination of MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, etc. which is simply derided by those it's aimed at?
Just as a guide, our current thinking is on the lines of MyStuff, due to its integration with Moodle and its open source nature...